Tuesday 6 December 2011

Zeitgeist illustrations

I got the green light to post the illustrations I was commissioned to do for Zeitgeist: The Gears of Revolution, a series of D&D adventures published by EN World. The adventure these are in will be out sometime in early January.

1. Dr. Xandria Meredith, Archeologist and Adventurer:

She is meant to be a redhead, cute but smart and with an explorer's physique.The background was to be 'bright and academic', so I happily slapped the National Library of Athens in it, slightly changed to fit the composition - though residents of Athens recognise it at once! :)

2. Path to Ruins:


The description called for a rainy grey swamp, with a ziggurat barely visible in the distance, and a path towards it outlined by scraps of golden-orange cloth tied to tree barks.

3. Marsh Mummy:


A mummified corpse, to be exact, hanging from a spear trap from the wall. I don't really understand how a corpse can possibly mummify in a damp environment (unless it's inside a peat bog), but oh, well. :) The glittering necklace was a key point.

Also, here are the early stages of the above. I normally work very haphazardly (as seen in the early swamp image), but I tried a more structured approach for the mummy, and I completely went out of my way with a detailed line art drawing (which is something I never do) for Xandria.




3 comments:

  1. Εντυπωσιακά και πολύ ατμοσφαιρικά, ιδίως το δεύτερο με τον ναό στη βροχή. Στο πρώτο μου αρέσει πολύ ο τρόπος που χρησιμοποιείς το κτίριο της Εθνικής Βιβλιοθήκης.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ευχαριστώ, Περαστικέ!

    Μια φίλη μου σχολίασε καυστικά πως της άρεσε η Βιβλιοθήκη χωρίς τα γραμμένα συνθήματα... :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her! I'm about to start RPing a archaeologist/historian, and I picture her like this, though I plan on using Natalie Portman for her avatar.

    ReplyDelete